Ohoh, only a week and then it’s already Christmas Eve! And I still miss a number of gifts, especially for my girlfriends … I like to make homemade, of course. But, do magic now so fast? Ha, there I remember a tutorial from the lovely Vera of livera , a knitted hairband. She has equipped it with cable pattern, but that seems to me too time-consuming. That’s why I knitted my own headband earmuff stuff. With pompoms, look!
My dear neighbor Eva has worked as a model and I think it is very good! If I had chosen a little different colors it would have been a Frida Kahlo design 😉
And indeed, this hair band cost me just 1.5 hours of work. With three woolen threads and thick needles, the ribbon was ready in about an hour and for the sewing together, make the pomp (with the ingenious Clover Pompom Maker ) and sew again for half an hour. Tadaaa, looks great, right? Let’s see who I put the piece of jewelry under the tree … or do I prefer to keep it myself?
So that you can ratzfatz knit together a last-minute gift, I have here the instructions for you:
That’s what you need:
- thick wool or several different colored thin woolen threads
- matching knitting needles
- crochet hook
- Pompom maker or similar
And this is how it is done:
- Measure the circumference of the head and pick up corresponding stitches. You can also first knit a stitch, and then calculate the required number of stitches for the head circumference. Move left right alternating, knit back rows only left. When the knit has reached a height of about 8 cm, bind off all stitches.
- Crochet the short ends together with a crochet hook.
- Now several larger and smaller pompoms work, very fast with a pompom maker !
- Sew the pompoms on the side of the headband. Finished!
Jahaha, and now go to the knitting needles and get started, then you still create a pair until 24.12. and can make your loved ones happy with it! Have fun!
A great Creadultay and a relaxed last week before Christmas!