Man, was that a rainy … rainy weekend! And in the middle of June! Since you have to tackle against the gray tribulation out there vigorously – preferably with the whole family! For example, a brightly colored Mexican party garland snippet.
Fits well to the Rambazamba feeling of the World Cup in Brazil. Summer, barbecue or football party, no matter, this uncomplicated decoration always fits and is wonderfully easy to make:
- small, colorful, square sheets of paper (eg origami paper)
- sewing machine
This is how it’s done:
- Fold the paper diagonally to the triangle.
- In turn, fold the triangle diagonally to the smaller triangle.
- Repeat again.
- Cutting out triangles, circles and slits creatively with scissors.
- Unfold paper.
- Repeat according to the desired length of the garland and then sew all paper doilies one after another with the sewing machine.
- Hang up nicely and let it fly in the wind.
Yes, somehow I have it at the moment with the garlands … maybe that’s the birthday preparations, or just because I like it so much, when such flags blow in the wind. At the garden hut in the field garden hangs ever since a Tibetan prayer flags garland which has a similar color scheme and also fluttering quite enchanting and inviting with every gust.