As you know, I am an absolute flea market junkie and especially I love old dishes. For a long time, collecting cups were the epitome of junkiness, but in a new context, they look pretty good!
I have already made many pretty etagers from grandma’s old dishes, but the cups are always left over … that’s why I came up with something to give the collection cups a new function. They become the roof for Meisenknödel! It looks very heartfelt and the dumplings stay nice and dry. And the whole thing is also quite easy to tinker, once you have dared to drill the porcelain.
For the production of the “Meisenknödeltasse” you need the following materials:
- a collection cup
- a porcelain drill
- a ring nut, nut, seal ring and washer to match
- a tit dumpling
And this is how it is done:
- Drill a hole in the bottom of the cup with the porcelain drill. Mark the center and place the cup on its edge on a firm surface. Fill the trough with water (= water cooling!) And drill carefully with an extremely low number of revolutions.
- Take the screw hook and screw the nut on it, then put the washer on the mother. Put the screw hook through the hole.
- Put the sealing ring on the screw hook on the other side and turn the ring nut until everything fits together tightly.
- Hang a dumpling on the hook and the cup on the ring nut on a branch!
- Enjoy your sweet birdies!
I hope I was able to inspire you a bit and one or the other uses my instructions to tinker!?! The little birds will thank you! And now I’m sending you over to the creadienstag and to the Upcycling Tuesday where you will find these and gaaaaanz many other great ideas and suggestions!
Have fun and a great Tuesday wishes you