The project which I have selected as particularly suitable for Valentine’s Day, however, did not end up in the book at the end (instead, 20 other really beautiful men’s gifts for jigsaw do it yourself): Man You Rock. A beautiful stone (English: rock) is a charming portrait with a few skillful brushstrokes. So you show him that he is the rock for you, that you have a rock on the board, or simply how much you love him (moaaahr – is that kitschy or what?)
You need this:
- a small, clean, beautifully shaped pebble
- Acrylic paints or similar
- Brush in different strengths
- thin permanent marker
- black felt-tip pen
- small, square box in which the stone fits
- white and black paper
- colorful patterned paper
- glue stick
- Hot glue or, if the stone is to be removable, power strips
- Cutter, ruler and cutting pad
And this is how it is done:
- Draw the outline of the stone a few times on a sheet of paper and scribble the portrait on it.
- Are you satisfied with your design, transfer it to the stone. Paint the portrait on the stone with acrylic paint and a brush. The contours and subtleties can be traced after drying the acrylic paint with a thin permanent marker.
- Tape the inner bottom of the box with a matching piece of black paper.
- First glue the lid to a matching piece of patterned paper.
- Then cut a slightly smaller piece of white paper and write on it, with black marker, “Man you Rock”.
- Glue the described, white paper in the middle of the patterned. Paper on the lid.
- Stick the stone with hot glue – or, if it should be removable, with a power strip – in the middle of the black bottom of the box.
- Lock the box with the lid and give it away.
Tip: Instead of “Man you Rock” you can also write the name of the person to be gifted, eg “Jonas you Rock”.
Men are, I think, always very difficult to give gifts. They tend to buy everything themselves immediately, which they like. Rarely hear comments like “Oh, look, but that’s a great xyz, I would like that too”. And pretty bells and whistles are usually not her cup of tea. That’s why we can make the gentlemen happy with something homemade. You can not buy that, it comes from the heart and is mostly practical. At least in the case of the last minute gifts I show you in my book.
Many of the projects are really fast made, some are a bit more involved. But all in all, you should be able to finish or sew them on one evening, as long as you have all the ingredients in the house. And so that you can finish even faster, I have designed many beautiful printables for the book in the form of labels, labels and templates that you just need to download and print out. Maybe you can soon (d) make a man (or woman) happy with a gift inspired by my book, if you’re lucky and win the book? I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
And that brings us to the competition question:
How do you design Valentine’s Day this year?
THE COMPETITION IS CLOSED! THE WINNER WAS NOTIFIED WRITTEN. CONGRATULATIONS!
- The legal recourse is excluded, the profit can not be paid in cash.
- Anyone over the age of 18 may take part.
- The winner must have a shipping address in Germany.
- The profit will be provided by me personally.
- Only those who provide a valid eMail address can participate in the raffle.
- Each person may only participate once, duplicate comments will be deleted by me.
- The competition runs from 07.02.2017 to 21.02.2017, 23: 59h.
- I will use the Random Generator (random.org) to identify the winner and then personally notify you.
- If the winner does not respond within one week, I reserve the right to raffle the prize among the other participants.
- The winner agrees that his / her name will be published both here on the blog and on FB.
- I reserve the right to change, adjust or cancel the raffle if necessary.
- The data transmitted by the participant will only be used for the raffle and will not be passed on to third parties.
If you click on the link with the *, you come to the big Internet dispatcher. If you order there, I get a small commission – THANK YOU!