After months of searching for old, beautiful botany books I finally found them at the weekend in Deventer finally for a super price of 1 € per piece! Juhuu, Sunday I started right away and designed my long-planned mega floral mural. I am happy. And here is the DIY tutorial about it.
- 1m² of canvas
- Botany books (with approx. 60 plant pictures)
- Cutter knife
- cutting machine
- Bastelleim (for napkins or ModPodge)
If you doubt the size of the screen now, I can only advise you to dare: Have the courage to make big statements on the wall. If the picture is big, it really makes something. I am very satisfied. Due to the bright colors, it does not seem dominant. However, if you have limited space on the wall, then it will probably hang well between other artworks or in the kitchen.
That’s how you make the flower wall picture
1. So the technique for the flower wall picture is not really hard. I had to prime my canvas for the first time with white acrylic paint, because I simply recycled a picture that had never been done for 4 years. By the way, one coat of paint was enough.
2. First, of course, all leaves must be separated from the book. That’s best done with the cutter knife. Then you cut as straight as possible with the cutting machine and then the big puzzle starts. Just arrange the pictures the way you like them best. When you are satisfied, you can start gluing.
3. For each piece, I have plastered the space on the canvas thick with glue and then stuck it on the canvas and smoothed it out well. It’s best to work from left to right, row by row and make sure that you do not slip and always work parallel to the top. The last flowers on the right and bottom edge are best made at the end. They then have to be cut to the eye.
4. If all pictures are glued on, you have to miss the picture a Topcoating. I just painted the same glue over it again. You can also use other finishing coatings for this. As you should only pay attention to whether they are dull or shiny. I opted for a matte, translucent finish. Done is the mega floral mural.
My apartment is now decorated very floral, only the balcony is missing.