Wow, today is an absolute winner cake, because who does not taste nut cake? Soo yummy, nice juicy and not too sweet. Perfect for a festive moment.
Chocolate nut cake
The cake consists of three parts nut bottom and in the middle and on top of it comes a chocolate cream cream and some jam for a subtle fruity note.
The ingredients for the chocolate nut cake
For the ground
- 270 g butter
- 7 eggs
- 150 g of powdered sugar
- 250 g of ground nuts (hazelnut, pistachios, almonds, walnuts)
- 7 to 8 cl of buttermilk
- 200 g of flour
- 1 p baking powder
- 130 g of fine sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
For the cream
- 1 jar of jam (to taste, for example raspberry or strawberry)
- 500 ml of cream
- 2 packets of cream stabilizer
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Hazelnut brittle for the decoration
So you bake the chocolate nut cake
- Put the buttermilk into a glass right at the beginning so that it slowly gets to room temperature and is no longer cold. The butter should also be soft when you start.
- First you prepare the cream cream.
Warm up the chocolate with the cream in a saucepan. The chocolate should dissolve completely. When the chocolate has melted and it is evenly stirred into the cream, it can cool in the fridge.
- Then it goes on with the ground.
Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks together with the soft butter and the icing sugar soft and creamy. Gradually add the nuts and flour with the baking powder. If the dough is too dry, you also add the buttermilk. Beat the dough to a uniform mass.
Beat the egg whites stiffly in a second bowl. Gradually add the salt and sugar as the protein slowly assumes a firmer texture.
- Then carefully lift the egg whites under the dough. The oven is warmed to 180 ° C. Lay out a springform pan with baking paper and fill in the dough. Bake the cake for about 45 minutes. Check with the stick sample if the dough is cooked and then let it cool down.
- When the cake is cold, cut it into about 3 equal slices.
- Then you beat the cold chocolate cream with the cream stabilizer and the sugar stiff.
- Then you brew the cake together. Apply a layer of jam to the bottom layer first and then smear a thick layer of cream on top. Then comes the next floor on top. Again, comes a jam and a cream layer. At the top of the cake comes a last layer of chocolate cream.
Pass the cream the way you like it.
- Finally, there is the hazelnut crisp on top and the cake is ready.
And what kind of celebration is coming up soon?
All the best,