Hey I’m back. After two weeks of pasta, pizza and delicious ice cream on a summer holiday in Bella Italia, the Paleo regime has to be a little bit stricter for the next few weeks. That’s why today there is a new buffer recipe from me. For buffers, meatballs or potato pancake are one of the few forms with which I guarantee to bring my children to the dining table.
I feel really nostalgia for the carbohydrate orgy in Italy. We have lived with old friends and Antonietta has spoiled us with the real housewife’s kitchen of an Italian mom. This is ALWAYS pasta – with every meal (except breakfast, there’s only a coffee and a biscotti). In addition, bread for dressing the sauce. And bread for the steaks that we took with us on the trips – is simply the most practical. And then pizza … oh yeah, I’ve never tasted such a good Neapoletana as in Sasseta.
Oh, did I mention the delicious ice cream? Not in bullets but with a spatula piled high in mountains in a tiny cup … Every day. Uff …
So, at home now some light food. That does not mean that it does not taste good! On the contrary, these buffers are just delicious. And perfect for the summer, because they are cold and warm a treat, are perfect as a lunch-to-go and are with guacamole and a few splashes of lime juice still a real kick of freshness.
Enough of all kinds of food, here comes the recipe:
Paleo Chicken Zucchini Buffer
- 600g chicken breast fillet
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- slightly ground cumin
- Olive or coconut oil for frying
- Wash zucchini and pat dry. Remove the stalk and flower bud and plan the zucchini into a fine julienne with a food processor or a mandolin.
- Lightly salt the zucchini in a bowl and leave for about 10 minutes.
- While chicken breasts with a meat grinder spin thin (you can also buy poultry in the supermarket).
- Cut the spring onions into fine rings, finely chop the garlic, onion and cilantro.
- Drain the zucchini and then place in the center of a clean towel. Place the towel around the zucchini and turn in the ends, turning them further and further, so that as much liquid as possible is squeezed out of the zucchini.
- Zucchini, chicken, garlic, onions, cilantro green, the spices and salt to taste together in a large bowl.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and add the mixture to the pan in small heaps, like a spoonful. Then press the heaps a little flat with the back of the tablespoon.
- After a few minutes (the roasting time varies, depending on the size and thickness of the buffers) turn the meatball over and also bake on the other side.
- It tastes of guacamole and the juice of fresh sliced lime quarters.
By Johanna Rundel
johannarundel DIY Blog | Instructions, DIY & Decoration http://www.johannarundel.de/
If you do not get a poultry hack, the recipe works with pork or ground beef too. However, the taste of other meats is relatively dominant – with chicken the zucchini still tastes nice.
Oh, yes, if there are some buffers left – two years ago I made a nice . That’s a lot better than packing everything in plastic bags or cling film and protecting the environment. Maybe you take a look?
And what are you cooking like that? Do you have a favorite summer recipe in your family? Are you telling me?
I wish you a tasty week and good appetite!